Salad is good for the whole body
A fresh salad is the most delicious and healthiest dish you can eat on the side or as a main dish. It can accompany warm food and adds all the vitamins and nutrients to a meal. A mixed rainbow salad is the best because all veggies contain different vitamins, and together, they add up to supply you with a health boost.
The skin loves raw vegetables too, she gets a glow of freshness and health, and all wrinkles disappear. Also, because fresh vegetables contain a good amount of vitamin-rich fluid which the skin absorbs,
Every day a fresh salad also gives you energy. Raw vegetables are the richest sources of nutrients you can eat. After a salad, you never feel full or uncomfortable, and every heavy warm dish is easier to digest when it is accompanied by a fresh salad.
How do I make my delicious rainbow salad?
The name rainbow salad derives from the colorful variety of raw vegetables which I put in my salad. It depends on what is in my fridge, but I try to have always a variety of different veggies in the home. The colors tell you that they contain different nutrients and vitamins.
Select your vegetables
In my rainbow salad of this article, I put the following ingredients:
- Red pepper – Rich in vitamin A and C and potassium
- Orange pepper – Rich in vitamin A and C and potassium
- Yellow pepper – Rich in vitamin A and C and potassium
- Carrots – Rich in vitamin A and potassium
- Red cabbage – Rich in vitamin C and K and calcium
- Celery – Rich in vitamin K
- Cucumber – Rich in vitamin K and potassium
- Avocado – Rich in vitamin K and potassium
- Raddish – Rich in vitamin K and potassium
- Spinach – Rich in vitamin K and magnesium
All veggies boost your immune system and are anti-inflammatory. They also help with weight loss when you eat them regularly and raw, and keep the main dishes fat-free and the portions not too big.
Choose how big you want your salad
Decide if it is a side dish, main dish and how many people are eating? For two people, I recommend;
- 1/8 of a red, orange, and yellow pepper
- A medium carrot
- A small piece of red cabbage
- One stick Celery
- A piece of cucumber
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
Cut and arrange after colors
The eye also loves food. After cutting all pieces into small pieces or slices, arrange your salad bowl after colors.
Eat with a dressing of your choice
My dressing is a mix of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Very simple, but very good. Enjoy!